ADULT SUMMER POTTERY CLASSES
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER CLASSES
Learn how to make a pot on the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level. Finish your creations by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln. Classes are 8 sessions long, with one class per week during the months of July and August. Both morning and evening classes are offered. Class size is limited to 11 people per class. These classes are a great opportunity for new students to get started at the Stoneware Studio. Summer students get first priority over other new students to join our regular session, if interested in continuing.
The 2024 classes will probably be as follows, but will be confirmed in May :
Mornings: Tuesday or Thursday 10-noon
Evenings: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 7-9
- – 8 Classes for $320.00 + GST $16.00 = $336.00. Price includes 8 assigned classes during July and August, and one extra visit of 4 hours as practice time each week, during gallery hours when there are no classes. These are not cumulative.
- – Note: all classes are paid for, including missed classes, but may be made up in one of the other class times the same month as long as space is available, or in exchange for an additional visit of 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Extra charges apply on clay which range in price from $35 – $62 per box depending on the type with half boxes available, tools for an introductory kit is about $40, and firings (see below).
- – An additional $80 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 6 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height, and nothing will be priced less than $1.00. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. This rate is available to current students only. Former students may fire in the kiln at a rate of $.07 per cubic inch. Firings are not available too the general public.
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $5 – $20 depending on the severity of the damage.
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cents per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing).
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
SIGNING UP FOR SUMMER CLASSES: Registration for the summer classes will begin in mid May, with an exact starting date to be posted late April. All registration will be done via this link: https://the-stoneware-studio.square.site/
Currently, all available openings for the regular session are also posted there. If interested, click on the site to see what is available, and what the start date is. Anyone registering for June classes will be guaranteed a post in September if still interested. All openings will be posted about 2 weeks before the start date. Registration will be from that site and the first person to sign up with payment, gets that spot. Once signed up, you will receive an email with further instruction.
NOTE: We are not keeping a waiting list at this time
For more information on the summer classes, contact: