ADULT SUMMER POTTERY CLASSES
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER CLASSES
Learn how to make a pot on the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level. Finish your creations by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln. Classes are 8 sessions long, with one class per week during the months of July and August. Both morning and evening classes are offered. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. These classes are a great opportunity for new students to get started at the Stoneware Studio. Summer students get first priority over other new students to join our regular session, if interested in continuing.
The 2023 classes are as follows :
Mornings: Tuesday or Thursday 10-noon
Evenings: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 7-9
- – 8 Classes for $280.00 + GST $14.00 = $294.00. Price includes 8 assigned classes during July and August, and one extra visit of 4 hours as practice time each week, during gallery hours when there are no classes.
- – Those on waiting list will start being notified for available spots beginning May 8th
- – Payment reserves a spot in the class and must be paid for in advance. For those who pay but change their mind, a non refundable amount of $50 will be charged up until June 17th, after which no refund will be given.
- – Note: all classes are paid for, including missed classes, but may be made up in one of the other class times the same month as long as space is available, or in exchange for an additional visit of 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Extra charges apply on clay which range in price from $35 – $62 per box depending on the type with half boxes available, tools for an introductory kit is about $40, and firings (see below).
- – An additional $80 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 6 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. (This is available for current students, former students and space renters use only).
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $5 – $20 depending on the severity of the damage.
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cents per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing).
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
As of March 5th, 2023, the waiting list has been closed. The summer class coordinator is Jen Johnson who may be reached by email or phone at 204-284-9336,