NOTE: Regrettably, our 2021 summer classes will not be happening due to the pandemic. We hope we can start classes up again for September.
ADULT SUMMER POTTERY CLASSES
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER CLASSES
Learn how to make a pot on the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level. Finish your creations by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. These classes offer a great opportunity for new students to get started in classes at the Stoneware Studio. Summer students get first priority over other new students to join our regular session, if interested in continuing.
- – 8 Classes for $240.00 (plus GST) = $252. Note: Missed classes are paid for but may be made up in one of the other class times the same month as long as space is available, or in exchange for an additional 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Extra charges apply on clay which range in price from $30 – $55 per box, with half boxes available, tools for an introductory kit is about $40, and firings (see below).
- – Includes 4 hours of practice time per week (some time restrictions apply).
- – An additional $75 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Note: The Studio only accepts cash or cheques as payment.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 5 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. (This is available for current students, former students and space renters use only).
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $8 – $15.
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cent per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing).
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
To get on our waiting list for summer classes call Jen Johnson (summer class coordinator) at 204-284-9336,
or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or email the gallery at: email@example.com