For our Covid related policies, general information on the studio and the classes, and for info on how to get on our waiting list, click on “Info on Studio, Classes, Waiting list” – https://stonewaregallery.com/studio-info/
ADULT POTTERY CLASSES
REGULAR SESSION (September to June)
Learn how to make a pot using the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level from one of our professional instructors. Finish your pieces by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln.
Classes are taught with the individual in mind teaching beginners and advanced students in the same class. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. Students sign up for one class per week and continue for consecutive months as long as interested, with a two month minimum requirement. New students are started as spaces are vacated by a former student. Students are permitted four additional practice hours per week, which is limited to non class times during gallery hours. These classes are offered from Sept. to June. (Eight week summer classes are also offered.)
- Monday evening 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Tuesday morning 10:00 – noon
- Tuesday evening 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Wednesday evening 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Thursday morning 10:00 – noon
- Thursday evening 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- Friday morning 10:00 – noon
- Friday evening 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- – Starting Sept.1st 2022, classes prices will be $140/month, (equals $35 per class), plus $7.00 GST, and is charged on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month. When new students start, payment for a minimum 8 classes is collected, $280 plus $14 GST. Once payment has been taken, there are no refunds.
- – Until the end of June 2022, prices are $120/month for 4 classes (equals $30 per class), plus $6 GST, and is charged on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month. When new students start, payment for the minimum 8 classes is collected, $240 plus GST. Once payment has been taken, there are no refunds.
- – Prices include one visit per week as practice time, of up to 4 hours per paid class. These are limited to gallery hours during non class times.
- – Extra charges apply: on clay, which ranges in price from $32 – $52 per box depending on the clay, with half boxes available at half the price; on tools with an introductory kit costing about $45; and on firings (see below)
- – An additional $75 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Missed classes are paid for, but may be made up in one of the other classes during the same month as long as space is available, or exchanged for an additional visit of up to 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 5 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. This is only available for current students, former students and space renters. Firings are not available to the general public.
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $8 – $15
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cent per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing)
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.