Regular Classes during Covid-19:
Classes are currently closed and will be operational when health regulations permit. Since the pandemic situation is in constant flux, we will be making necessary decisions and adjustments as required.
When operating, returning students are accepted first, and remaining spots are filled with new students from our waiting list. To get on our list email email@example.com stating the classes that work best for you.
Names are kept on the waiting list for six months.
ADULT POTTERY CLASSES
REGULAR SESSION (September to June)
Learn how to make a pot using the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level from one of our professional instructors. Finish your pieces by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln.
Classes are taught with the individual in mind teaching beginners and advanced students in the same class. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. Students sign up for one class per week and continue for consecutive months as long as interested, with a two month minimum requirement. New students are started as spaces are vacated by a former student. Students are permitted four additional practice hours per week, which is limited to non class times during gallery hours. These classes are offered from Sept. to June. (Eight week summer classes are also offered.)
- EVENING CLASSES:
- – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- – Friday 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- MORNINGS CLASSES:
- – Tuesday, Thursday or Friday 10:00 am -12 noon
NOTE: the studio only accepts cash or cheques as payment
- – $120/month for 4 classes (equals $30 per class), plus GST, and is charged on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month. When new students start, payment for the minimum 8 classes is collected, $240 plus GST.
- – Extra charges apply: on clay which ranges in price from $35 – $55 per box depending on the clay, with half boxes available at half the price; on tools with an introductory kit costing about $40; and on firings (see below)
- An additional $75 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Missed classes are paid for, but may be made up in one of the other classes during the same month as long as space is available, or exchanged for an additional 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 5 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. (This is available for current students, former students and space renters use only).
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $8 – $15
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cent per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing)
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
- A waiting list is maintained for anyone wishing to join one of our classes. To get on the list email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the gallery at 204-475-8088 (preferably on a Monday to speak to either Valerie or Kathryne). Please provide your phone number and email address, and indicate whether you would like morning, evening or summer classes. You will be contacted by one of our instructors when we have an opening for you in their class. Openings become available when one of our students quit.