ADULT POTTERY CLASSES
Learn how to make a pot on the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level. Finish your creations by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. These classes offer a great opportunity for new students to get started in classes at the Stoneware Studio. Summer students get first priority over other new students to join our regular session, if interested in continuing.
Classes are offered for eight weeks in July and August, beginning July 9th and ending the last week of August.
- – 8 Classes for $240.00 (plus GST). Note: Missed classes are paid for but may be made up in another class time the same month, or in exchange for an additional 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Extra charges apply on clay which range in price from $30 – $55 per box, with half boxes available, tools for an introductory kit is about $40, and firings (see below).
- – Includes 4 hours of practice time per week (some time restrictions apply).
- – Note: The Studio only accepts cash or cheques as payment.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 5 cents per cubic inch. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the bisque firing, glaze use, and the final glaze firing to cone 10 in the gas kiln. (For students, former students and space renters use only).
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $8 – $15.
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cent per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing).
- – An additional $75 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
- Class #1: Tues. morn. 10:00 am – Noon
- Class #2: Wed. eve. 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Class #3: Thurs. morn. 10:00 am – Noon
- Class #4: Thurs. eve. 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- (All classes are subject to sufficient enrollment, and additional classes will be added if needed. )
Registration Begins in April, 2019
Payment is required to reserve your spot!
To register call Jen Johnson (summer class coordinator) at 204-284-9336,
or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or the gallery at: email@example.com