- NOTE: Class times for our 2023 classes have not been updated yet, but we will start taking names for our summer waiting list on February 1st 2023, with more information to follow.
- For general information on the studio and the classes, and for info on how to get on our waiting list, click on “Info on Studio, Classes, Waiting list” – https://stonewaregallery.com/studio-info/ Note: Masks are still required in our studio as of January 1, 2023
ADULT SUMMER POTTERY CLASSES
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER CLASSES
Learn how to make a pot on the potters wheel at the beginner or advanced level. Finish your creations by glazing and firing them in our high fire gas kiln. Classes are 8 sessions long, with one class per week during the months of July and August. Both morning and evening classes are offered. Class size is limited to 10 people per class. These classes are a great opportunity for new students to get started in classes at the Stoneware Studio. Summer students get first priority over other new students to join our regular session, if interested in continuing.
Times for the 2023 classes are still to be determined.
Please state if mornings or evenings work best for you. Classes will be weekdays between Monday and Thursday.
- – 8 Classes for $280.00 + GST $14.00 = $294.00. Price includes 8 assigned classes during July and August, and one extra visit of 4 hours as practice time, during gallery hours when there are no classes.
- – Those on waiting list will start being notified for available spots beginning May 8th
- – Payment reserves a spot in the class and must be paid for in advance. For those who pay but change their mind, a non refundable amount of $50 will be charged up until June 16th, after which no refund will be given.
- – Note: all classes are paid for, including missed classes, but may be made up in one of the other class times the same month as long as space is available, or in exchange for an additional visit of 4 hours of studio time that month.
- – Extra charges apply on clay which range in price from $32 – $52 per box, with half boxes available, tools for an introductory kit is about $35, and firings (see below).
- – An additional $75 per month permits students unlimited practise time, though some restrictions apply.
- – Pieces are measured and charged 5 cents per cubic inch once they have been glaze fired. No piece will be measured less than 2” in height. This pays for the initial bisque firing, the glazes used, and the final firing to cone 11 in the gas kiln, as well as the labour involved. (This is available for current students, former students and space renters use only).
- – Pots that damage the kiln shelf in firing will be charged an additional $8 – $15.
- – Bisque firings alone are charged 2 cents per cubic inch (does not include glaze or gas firing).
- – All firing charges must be paid for when picking up finished work.
To get on our waiting list for summer classes call Jen Johnson (summer class coordinator) at 204-284-9336,